Bookings are essential for all classes and workshops
Couples Pregnancy & Birth Preparation Workshop
“Of all the preparation courses and activities that we did prior to the birth (including Calmbirth and the hospital antenatal courses), my husband found the couples workshop to provide the most helpful information.” Robyn
To help prepare couples for the end stage of pregnancy, labour and the birth of your new baby. This Workshop is run by Kathy Grace – Yoga Teacher, Naturopath and has completed Doula studies
We will cover
- How your support person can support you and what they ’can do’
- Yoga – to relieve discomfort at the end of pregnancy, and to support you during all stages of labour and the postnatal time. Including movement, postures (asana), breathing (pranayama) and relaxations and visualisations.
- Vocal Toning and using sound during pregnancy and labour
- Techniques and information on how you can ‘naturally’ help your labour progress and develop
- Massage Techniques
You will also receive a manual full of information to support you with your choices around child birth including ideas on natural therapies and homoepathy that can be used.
Its a jam packed 3 hours!
Who should attend?
This workshop is designed for women in their 2nd or 3rd trimester, along with their birthing partner. This may also be a good introduction for Yoga Teachers wanting to learn more about pregnancy and how to support women during their pregnancy with yoga
Fully Fertile Workshop
We will include:
- Yoga, looking at simple postures (asana) both moving and restorative, breathing techniques (pranayama), visualisations and yoga nidra
- A womens natural hormonal cycle, whats normal, whats not and how to identify when your best chances of concieving are.
- Male fertility issues
- Naturopathic concepts and ideas around healthy conception and pregnancy covering food and nutrition.
- We will also look at ways that you can best support yourself if you are trying to concieve naturally or with assisted reproductive therapies.
This workshop is best suited to women currently trying to concieve, but partners are also welcome to attend as are Yoga Teachers wishing to learn more about working with women and fertility.
- Date: Date TBC
- Time: 2 – 4.30pm
- Cost: $40 per person
- RSVP: TBC